Our Collection of Personal Information
When you use our Services, we may collect or receive personal information you provide to us. Personal Information refers to any information that can be linked to your identity, such as your username, actual name, age, postal address, phone number, email address,. For example, when you make a purchase or enter into a financial trasaction on our website or mobile application, we may collect information related to that purchases or transaction (e.g. items purchased, special instructions, date, and time of order, and subtotal) and payment information such as payment card numbers, financial accoutn information, billing address and other payment details. From time-to-time, we may invite our users to participate in surveys or contests. When you respond to such survey or contest, we collect your response information, feedback and certain personal information such as name and email address. In some cases, we may request that you provide age, gender, and similar demographic details to help us better understand your use of the Services to provide you with better user experience.
Infomation We May Collect
Because our Services are accessible only after you register, we will ask you to provide a username and password when you register. In addition, we may collect some or all of foloowing types of personal information (non-exhaustive list for illustration purposes):
- a. Information Received form You Based on the Services You Select
- i. Your name, and contact information, such as your postal/physical address, telephone number and email address.
- ii. Identifiers such as social media handles and account information (i.e. WeChat ID, WeChat Name), unique personal identifier (such as user name, account name, or user alias);
- iii. Your age, gender, occupation, industry and employer;
- iv. Other contact information such as pick-up and drop off addresses for your package;
- v. When you subscribe to our service or make a purchase or return, we collect information about the transaction or service your subscribe. For example, such information may include without limitation product details, purchase price, date, location of the transaction, shipping/delivery details, payment information and payment authorization, membership plan you selected and number of credits you have with us.
- vi. For company admn and compay employee we collect company name, address, business campus information. telephone number and email address.
- b. Information Received from You as Part of Your Communications
- When you use our Services, complete electronic forms, communicate with us or contact us, whether by online chat, email, phone, text or otherwise, we may automatically collect and store certain information about you and your interaction. For example, your name (including social media handles and account information such as WeChat ID/WeChat Name); contact information; purchase details; your membership plan, number of credits you have with us, information that you voluntarily provide to us; the nature of your communication; the nature of your communication; the purpose of the interaction, and the action we took in response to your inquiry or request.
- c. Information Collected Automatically
- We also may receive and store certain information about you and your device(s) automatically when you access or use our website, mobile application and Services. This information may include:
- Identifiers and Device Information – We may collect technical information associated with your activity on our website and mobile application and may include information related to your browser and operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address of your device, unique device identifiers (UDI), sign-on data, and other information such as your device type. We use such information for diagnostic and statistical purposes and to administer our Services.
- Geolocation Information – When you use the Services, we may collect and store your real-time location information. For example, if you enable the Services to access geolocation functionality on your device or browser, we may collect and store the precise location of your device. This information may be used to help you select your shipping/delivery address, to provide more accurate deliveries of your orders, to provide recommendations to you, and to enhance your user experience and improve the Services. If you disable the location feature, we will not receive precise location information from your device, which could compromise the accuracy of deliveries in some situations.
- d. Personal Information from Publicly Available Sources and Third Parties We may collect information about you from publicly available sources, social network providers, marketing partners, and/or other third parties. This may include:
- Demographic Information – This characteristic information could include information such as age, gender, income, marital status, spending habits, and other information pertaining to users.
Why We Collect Your Personal Information and Its Uses
The collection and use of your personal information may be necessary in order for us to provide you with services, contact you regarding pickup/deliveries, communicate with you and maintain relationship with you, etc. If you do not provide us with your personal information, we may be unable to provide these things to you.
We do not knowingly disclose personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your consent. We only knowingly share personal information with non-affiliated third parties (i.e., parties other than BoxNearby or its affiliates) for their own marketing purposes if you specifically opt-in, or are offered the opportunity to opt-out and elect not to opt-out.
We may use the information we collect or receive, such as your email address, to communicate directly with you. We may send you emails containing newsletters, promotions, and special offers. If you do not want to receive such offers and information from us, our affiliates and our related companies, you are not obliged to receive them and have the option to opt out at any time or change your preferences. We also use your information to send you service-related emails (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the service, technical and security notices); but you may not opt out of such service-related emails.
We may share certain service type information, including information obtained through tools such as cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data and web beacons, analytic tools and other tracking technologies with our authorized or non-affiliated third parties for the purposes described above. We may also aggregate or otherwise strip data of all personally identifying characteristics and may share that aggregated, anonymized data with third parties.
Security, Storage and Processing
We may hold personal information in both hard copy and electronic forms in secure databases accessible only to our authorized personnel and third parties. We take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting access to your account and to ensure that the personal information we hold is protected against misuse, loss, and unauthorized access or disclosure. However, you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password and account information, and for controlling access to your email communications at all times. Please take precautions to protect your personal information when you are online. For example, create strong passwords by using a combination of letters and numbers, change passwords often, and use a secure browser.
In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, BoxNearby will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and, where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and the proper authorities (if required by law), and take other steps, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
You have a right to access or change the personal information we collect and hold about you by contacting us at our postal address; we reserve the right to charge you a fee necessary to cover our costs for the retrieval and supply of that information. There may be some circumstances where we cannot change or delete the information we hold about you. You control your account information and settings: you may update your account information and email-communication preferences at any time by logging in to your account and changing your profile settings. You can also stop receiving promotional email communications from us by modifying your preferences. However, you may not opt out of service-related communications e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the service, technical and security notices.
We extend to all users the following privacy-related rights:
- Right to Know - You have the right to know the personal information we collect, use, disclose, and sell about you.
- Right to Deletion - You have the right to request that we delete certain personal information we have collected from you or maintain about you. We may save personal information when permitted by applicable law including, without limitation, when the information is needed for a legal purpose. If you are a California consumer, we may retain your personal information pursuant to exceptions under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) to: (1) complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between BoxNearby and you; (2) detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for that activity; (3) debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality; (4) exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law; (5) comply with a legal obligation such as the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act; (6) engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when BoxNearby’s deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, if you have provided informed consent; (7) to enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with the expectations of you based on your relationship with BoxNearby; or (8) to otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
- Right to Modify - If you are a registered BoxNearby user you may modify certain of your personal information by logging into our website or app using your username and password and modify your account preferences and/or information.
- Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Your Personal Information - BoxNearby does not sell your personal information, so we do not offer an opt-out. When it does, you will have the right to opt-out of having your personal information sold. The California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”) amends the CCPA to broadly define “sale” in a way that may include allowing third parties to receive certain information such as cookie identifiers, IP addresses and/or browsing behavior to add to a profile about you, your device or browser. Such profiles may enable delivery of interest-based advertising by such third parties within their platform or on other sites. Depending on how you use the Services, we may share the following categories of information for such interest-based advertising which may be considered a sale (as defined by the CPRA): (1) device information and identifiers, such as IP address and unique advertising identifiers and cookies; and (2) connection and usage information, such as browsing history or app usage. Although this obligation of the CPRA does not become effective until January 1, 2023, you may opt out of such tracking technologies.
- Right to Non-Discrimination - BoxNearby will not discriminate against those who exercise their Rights. Specifically, if you exercise your privacy rights, we will not deny you goods or Services, charge you different prices or rates for goods or Services or provide you a different level or quality of goods or Services.
BoxNearby services are intended for adults; our services, website and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. BoxNearby does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from minors or knowingly allow such minors to register as its users; minors may use its services only with the involvement of their parents or guardians. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without proof of parental or guardian consent, we will delete that information to the extent required by applicable law.
Retention of Personal Information
BoxNearby will not retain your personal information longer than is necessary to honor your choices, fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, or as required by law. However, following termination of your user account, BoxNearby may retain your personal information for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, or audit purposes.
Links to Third-Party Websites and Services
Your California Privacy Rights
We only knowingly share personal information of California residents with non-affiliated third parties (i.e., parties other than BoxNearby or its affiliates) for their own direct marketing purposes if you specifically opt-in, or are offered the opportunity to opt-out and elect not to opt-out, to such sharing at the time you provide such personal information. If you do not opt-in or if you opt-out at that time, we will not knowingly share such personal information of California residents that was collected in connection therewith with such identified non-affiliated third party(ies) for its/their own direct marketing purposes. We may, however, continue to seek your consent to sharing with the same, or other, non-affiliated third parties for their own direct marketing purposes from time-to-time. Each consent notice and opportunity is treated separately so you may consent to some sharing but not to others.
Residents of California may request information about our compliance with California’s Shine the Light law (California Civil Code Section 1798.83). The Shine the Light law provides a California Resident the right to request from a business, with whom the California resident has conducted business and established business relationship, information relating to the types of personal information the business shares with third parties for direct marketing purposes by such third party and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. Please contact us at our postal address in the event you would like to request a copy of the information disclosure provided by BoxNearby pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83.
How to Contact us
If you have any questions or comments, you can contact us at the address below.
2312A Walsh Ave
Santa Clara, CA 95051